Most of us know about a dental crown, but hardly anyone knows about the dental problems it can correct. Dental crown in Canton is something which can help in solving both restorative and cosmetic purposes. Let’s explore more about the dental crowns and how they can enhance your smile.
WHY DO I NEED A DENTAL CROWN?
- The crowns are frequently used for protecting a tooth which has been weakened due to breakage or decay.
- Crown can help in holding the cracked parts of tooth together.
- Unusually worn-out teeth can be re-built with dental crowns.
- If the tooth-colored filling is not enough for repairing a decayed tooth, dental crown is placed for coverage and support.
- Cosmetically, crowns can be used for covering a tooth that is misshaped, severely discolored or in need of modification.
- Crowns offer finishing touch after a dental implant has been set in the jawbone.
WHAT IS A DENTAL CROWN MADE OF?
A crown near MI, 48187 can be made entirely of tooth-colored ceramic, porcelain fused to metal or metal alloys. The one that is best for you will depend on the reason for placing the crown and the location of crown in your mouth; whether it will be visible when you eat or speak.
HOW IS A CROWN PLACED?
Receiving a dental crown typically needs scheduling two visits to the dentist about two weeks apart. During the first appointment, the tooth is prepared by removing the damaged and decayed portion and tooth is shaped for accommodating the crown. There must be enough space for crowns so some tooth structure is filed away from the chewing surface and the sides. A temporary crown is placed so that the tooth is functional while the permanent crown is manufactured in the lab. During the next appointment, the temporary crown is removed and permanent one is bonded to the tooth.
HOW DO I CARE FOR A DENTAL CROWN
You need to care of the dental crown the same way you do for your natural teeth i.e. by brushing and flossing regularly and visiting the dentist twice a year.